Have you ever received a pile of images and wondered how to manage them? Has anyone ever asked you, can you update a bunch of images and send them to me in one file? Are there times you want to create a quick presentation of images without having to open Photoshop or Powerpoint?
As an Interaction Designer I am constantly managing small and large groups of images in order to present concepts for web applications and websites, and I’ve found a great app that covers 80% of my image needs.
Apple’s Preview application fits the bill! Read about all the great new features in Preview at Usingmac.com.
I use Preview to do the following:
- Open PDF files to view, purely for the interface advantage, and to annotate them
- Open and review groups of images
- Open groups of images and save them as a PDF file in order to quickly send them and/or print them
- Perform simple edits so I don’t have to open Photoshop
- Batch edit a group of images or pages in a PDF (see item #5 in the Usingmac.com link above)
What do you use it for?